Friday, July 11, 2014

Journal #2 - Alina

Hey Grams –

We had the meeting today with Shane Stark and his gaggle of lawyers. Can you believe

he actually had the nerve to tell me that I am damaging the Iron Man “Brand”?! As if

there is anything that anyone could do that would make it more of a laughing stock than

it already is, thanks to Shane’s penny pinching and their precious little Jersey boy posing

nude with the helmet! He is such a condescending ass! I seriously don’t understand what

my mother ever saw in him.

I did show him and the lawyers the video of Oscorp testing my repulsor chain technology.

I tried to read his face to see if he knows who was responsible for leaking it. If he does

know, he has one hell of a poker face. Which means I’m going to have to do a lot more

digging on that front. But it wasn’t all for naught. Between that and having Skaar and

Skylar there to intimidate them, I did get Shane to back down. I planted the seed of

doubt. But I don’t know how long that will last. I may have tipped my hand too far. I

got so pissed off at him, and I let my anger get the better of me. I said things I probably

shouldn’t have. I told him he doesn’t deserve to inherit the Stark legacy.

I know I shouldn’t have done that. Even as the words came out of my mouth, I could

hear you in my head, telling to keep my composure, that anger never solved anything.

But it’s true! He doesn’t deserve to have any of what he does. I want so badly for all

his bad decisions and arrogance to come back and slap him in the face! I want him to be

chased out of SST with his tail between his legs! But then what? Who takes over then?

Stane? Osborn? Some random nobody with no more right to the legacy than Shane?

Maybe what you always said is true... better the devil you know.

I really do miss you, Grams. It gets so lonely here. I mean, don’t get me wrong, the team

is all nice and everything, but that’s just work. I don’t really know them, and they don’t

know me. And Tony’s been great. He’s been so kind, and helpful. But sometimes, it

just hurts too much to be around him. I want so badly to tell him everything, who I really

am. But I can’t risk that. Not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment