Thursday, May 29, 2014

Journal #1 - Alina

Grams -


Well, they passed over my design for the new Iron Man suit.  Apparently, it wasn’t “flashy” enough for a 10th Anniversary edition.  Never mind that the tech was cutting edge and earth friendly.  I guess all that matters is that is has a “futuristic” aesthetic.  I mean, they chromed it, for crying out loud!  Chrome?!  Are you kidding me?  Sure the weapons won’t work, and the damn thing will consume more energy than Stark Tower, but at least he’ll be able to check out his reflection in the chest plate before putting it on.  Of course, considering that over-sex, fake-baked guido Mikey won the show, it’s probably best that he won’t have any real weapons - he may blow himself up at his first public appearance.  


It makes me so angry that they’ve turned Iron Man into a punch line.  I don’t understand why Mr. Stark doesn’t realize that the world still needs Iron Man.  We’re being threatened from all sides, and instead of fighting our enemies and keeping us safe, he’s doing mall openings and entertainment award presentations.  

The other day I was playing around, and ended up drawing out what I think would be the ultimate suit!  It’s not the prettiest, but it combines the best elements of all the classic suits Tony used to wear.  Not that it matters - it will never see the light of day.  But I have to be honest, I’m so tempted to build it anyway.  I bet I could even use the actual parts of the old suits.  I mean, I have access to them, and it’s not like anyone around here will miss them…

No comments:

Post a Comment