Sunday, March 11, 2012

Recap - "Museum Pieces"

Source: A deleted e-mail on a phone tossed in the East River.

Carol,

It seemed just like old times on the roof of the parking garage. There’s a part of me that wishes I was the one that was chasing around with a rambunctious group of young mutants underfoot and you were the one calling in favors and strong-arming government officials. Maybe next time.

The media is gobbling up the Sentinel attack story. Those kids saved a lot of lives in there, but it’s given fuel to anti-mutant groups calling for your capture and arrest. The silver lining is that you proved a theory of mine. Genosha wouldn’t have two highly-trained Genetic Purity Guards standing around guarding Magneto’s helmet. Those guards were fake, which means the GPG has a few operatives in-country working for Genoshian interests. It wouldn’t surprise me if one of them contacted you while on the run.

The battle at the Xavier memorial is less of a media sensation. “Mutants fight” is sadly the equivalent of “dog bites man” in the modern press. I’ve kept the mentions of Jean’s supposed appearance out of the media, but it is a very hot topic amongst the various mutant factions. Scott believes it’s her, Bobby is unsure and don’t believe it is. I wish I had more evidence than a hunch. I would even take Logan’s sniff test. Scott is greaing up for a full-scale manhunt, not just because of what that redhead who claimed to be the real Phoenix did to him. The last thing anyone wants to see is children killing children.

The young woman in question is named Brianna Murphy. She is a student of Emma Frost’s Brimstone Academy under the name of Fuse. Or, I should say was, as it seems Frost is on the hunt for the young woman. I don’t truly think she’s the Phoenix either. But until I can know for certain, you’ve got to keep her alive and away from anyone looking to exploit her abilities to mimic powers.

Longshot’s reappearance should help those kids as well. For all I know he could be using this as a platform to restart his fame. But I will take a trained X-Man in the mix, even if it’s one who is in it for the glory and fame rather than reasons more aligned with the original intent. I apologize in advance for whatever sleazy come-ons he throws your way.

The young doctor is a very interesting case. Robert Blake Mendelevium, an orphan who became chief of Surgery by 31. IF he’s a mutant, having the name of a radioactive element seems like a cruel joke. Something doesn’t quite feel right about his paperwork, but his ability to transfer injuries to people will prove very useful in the field.

Daken Akihiro has a very colorful history. He claims to be Logan’s son. I can’t imagine anyone would make that claim willingly. Akihiro shares a lot of his father’s traits. He also spent sometime under the tutelage of Remy LeBeau in New Orleans. If you can keep him from pursuing agendas counter to ours, he can prove to be quite useful in the field.

I could not find any information on Nightingale, the woman claiming to be Nightcrawler’s daughter from another dimension. My extradimentional influence is not what it once was, but you have to be careful with elements like these. You never know when they will attack someone you view as an ally and vice versa. Her teleportation is obviously useful but handle with care.

I’m sorry I had to burn you, but we both know it’s the best way to come up with a convincing story. If you are perceived as an outcast, you are more likely to get true opinions and information on this Jean impostor. I will do what I can amongst the old guard and you do what you must in the field. This email will cause the cell phone to brick in five seconds after you hit delete. Please dispose of it in the usual manner.

Good luck, Carol.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment